Letters and Resources
In the course of my pastoral work, I will often write letters to my parishioners. I will also create and discover helpful resources. This is page where I host both.
For letters and resources which are my creation
You are free to use, modify, and share. I appreciate attributions but do not require them. As such, you should consider them in the public domain according to Creative Commons — CC0 1.0 Universal.
If you would like a .docx version, please e-mail me.
For external resources
Please respect the desire of the author of these resources.
Parish Letters – Assumption, Bellingham
- Daily Mass Times (Aug. 2019)
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (Dec. 2020)
- Switching to the Brebeuf Hymnal (Jul. 2021)
- Committees and Commissions (Sept. 2019)
- Pastoral Plan – English (May 2022)
- Pastoral Plan – Spanish (May 2022)
- Budgeting Principles (Jan. 2020)
- Ellis St. Land Sale (Nov. 2020)
- School Tuition Change (Mar. 2023)
- Compilation of Liturgical Music Documents (last updated August 2022)
- Why I Chant the Mass (last updated January 2022)
- Quinceañera Script (based on the Book of Blessings and the USCCB’s order of celebration)
- USCCB’s Order for the Blessing on the Fifteenth Birthday (English) / (Spanish), courtesy of the Diocese of Ft. Worth
- Order of Penance: Order for Reconciling Individual Penitents; Alternate Acts of Contrition
Podcasts that I Listen To
Bible in a Year w/ Fr. Mike Schmitz – Really helpful to have daily contact with the Scriptures.
New Polity – A group of broadly educated and deeply faithful Catholics questioning all of our social, political, and economic assumptions.
The Pillar Podcast – Two Catholic journalists (and canon lawyers!) discussing the issues of the day. [No official podcast page.]
Get Religion – A helpful discussion of the major religious news story each week. Helps me keep in touch with the non-Catholic religious world.
FiveThirtyEight Politics – If I am going to stay informed on politics, I prefer it to be data-based.
The Place we Find Ourselves – A counselor who is also a minister discusses stories and healing.
The History of Rome – I loved taking Latin in high school, and this really hits that spot.